Last Chance Grade Draft EIR/EIS (DED) Virtual Public Open House
On January 24, 2024, Caltrans hosted an online virtual public Open House which provided an opportunity to learn more about the Last Chance Grade project and the Draft Environmental Impact Report / Environmental Impact Statement (DED). The public comment period for the DED is now closed. Caltrans anticipates publishing a Final EIR/EIS in late 2025 that will include written responses to comments received during the public comment period.
During the Open House, project staff presented information on the project purpose, history, proposed alternatives, and potential impacts, and answered questions submitted by attendees. The video of the Open House can be viewed below. (Click on the "V" symbol at lower right to view full-size on Vimeo.)
The slides from the presentation can be viewed or downloaded here.
You can also click on the poster images below to review information summarized from the DED. These informational displays provide an opportunity to learn more about:
- Proposed alternatives for a long-term solution at Last Chance Grade
- Purpose and need for the project
- Project history, public engagement, and stakeholder collaboration
- Geotechnical considerations
- Potential impacts to environmental resources and proposed avoidance, minimization, and mitigation measures
- How to submit a comment on the DED
Also note that more detailed information is available in the Draft EIR/EIS and Section 4(f) Evaluation and Appendices, which include a clickable table of contents to help you locate specific subjects of interest. (Click on links to view or download.)
Instructions for viewing/downloading displays:
- Please scroll down to see all displays.
- Note that, once you open a display, you may need to use the controls that appear at the top of your screen (shown in image below) to adjust size so that the entire display can be viewed on your screen. Use either the zoom control (- / +, center) or "fit to screen" controls (icon second from right) to adjust image size.