Rudisill Road to South of Mill Creek Access
The Project stakeholders and the project development team agreed in late 2018 to eliminate the three C alternatives from further study for the following reasons:
- The Expert Risk Assessment estimated that these alternatives have a high risk of geotechnical failure. The risk of building these alignments is higher than staying on the current alignment and making improvements as alternative X would do.
- The C alternatives have no unique environmental benefits.
- The C alternatives are high cost and have high environmental impacts.
(Includes 1,680 foot tunnel)
Travel Time Added (minutes)
Added Time: 1.7 min
Construction Length: 7.8 miles
- Culverts > 36”: 19
- Tunnel: Yes
- Bridges: 4
Length Within Parks: 3.2 miles
Construction Footprint: 245 acres
Construction Schedule: 3 years
Wilson Creek: 6
Mill Creek: 3
Estimated Construction Cost in 2016 $ (Millions)
Existing Habitat Type
Coastal scrub/grassland /spruce: 7 acres
Riparian: 1 acre
Clear cut: 13 acres
Young Redwood Forest: 200 acres
Mature Redwood Forest: 23 acres
Old Growth Redwood Forest: 0 acres
On the map, the alternative is denoted with a letter and a number, if the alternative has multiple segment options.
The red line indicates the current LCG alignment and the pink area with yellow border indicates the position of the tunnel.
Please note the following:
- The lines on the map are approximate and do not indicate the exact placement of the alternative.
- The acreages of “Existing Habitat Type” are estimates based on overall analyses of habitat types in the area.
- Costs are estimated and include construction, materials disposal, and mitigation.