Last Chance Grade Geotechnical Investigation Phase 2B Initial Study - Public Comment Period
The Last Chance Grade Geotechnical Phase 2B Initial Study is now ready for public review.
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) has prepared this Initial Study with proposed Negative Declaration (IS/ND) and proposed Section 4(f) de minimis determination which examines the potential environmental effects of a proposed project on United States Highway 101 (U.S. 101) in Del Norte County, California. Caltrans is the lead agency under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). This document tells you why the project is being proposed, how the existing environment could be affected by the project, the potential impacts of the project, and proposed avoidance, minimization, and/or mitigation measures.
The document can be reviewed or downloaded here.
What should you do?
Please read this document.
Additional copies of this document are available for review at:- Caltrans District 1 Office, 1656 Union Street, Eureka, CA
- Eureka Library 1313 3rd Street, Eureka, CA
- Del Norte County Library 190 Price Mall, Crescent City, CA
- Attend the public open house on January 8, 2020, from 5:00-6:30 p.m. at the Del Norte County Fairgrounds in the Floral Building.
- We’d like to hear what you think. If you have any comments about the proposed project, please attend the public open house and/or send your written comments to Caltrans by the deadline.
- Please send comments via U.S. mail to:
California Department of Transportation
Attention: Steve Croteau
North Region Environmental–District 1
1656 Union Street
Eureka, CA 95501
- Be sure to send comments by the deadline: January 16, 2020
What happens after this?
After comments are received from the public and reviewing agencies, Caltrans may (1) give environmental approval to the proposed project, (2) do additional environmental studies, or (3) abandon the project. If the project is given environmental approval and funding is obtained, Caltrans could complete the design and construct all or part of the project.